Meet Dr. Noraian
Originally from the Detroit area, Dr. Noraian and his wife, Monica, met in Chicago and chose to make Central Illinois their home for the opportunity to start and raise their family in a place with a friendly community and a great quality of life.
Dr. Noraian knew from an early age that he wanted to take care of people. Once he entered Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, he knew that his education would make a big difference in his life and he was fortunate to have parents who encouraged him to pursue his dreams.
Dr. Noraian commenced his pre-dental education at the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University and was accepted into Northwestern’s Dental School as part of the Accelerated Entry Dental Program which admitted him to Dental School after his junior year. This program allowed him to receive his Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering upon completing his first year in Dental School. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Northwestern and went on to Yale-New Haven Hospital for the General Practice Residency. He returned to Northwestern for his Certificate of Periodontics and Master of Science. After graduating in his specialty, Northwestern’s Dental School hired him as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Periodontics and he became the Attending Periodontist for the University of Chicago Hospitals. Afterwards, Noraian received his Master of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management.
Dr. Noraian’s motivation to relocate was to acquire an established cutting edge practice and to build on that tradition by bringing treatment options found in the larger cities to the deserving patients of Central Illinois. The Urbana office is the oldest periodontal practice in Central Illinois established in the early 1970’s of which Dr. Noraian is the third owner. The Bloomington office was founded in 1989 and is the second oldest periodontal practice in Urbana-Normal.
In keeping with these goals, Dr. Noraian became certified to offer the FDA-approved Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP). In 2011, he became a Certified Instructor for the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry which allows him to teach LANAP to his dental and periodontal colleagues. In 2009, Dr. Noraian was invited to sit on the Clinical Advisory Board for Snoasis Medical, Inc., a soft tissue graft company.
Commitment to Education
While Dr. Noraian enjoys teaching, his first love is clinical practice and he accepts lecturing invitations regularly. In addition to staying current through continuing education, he holds a State of Illinois license as a Dental and Dental Hygiene Continuing Education Sponsor. Furthermore, he has lectured and taught nationally and internationally for:
- Armenian International Dental Conference, Yerevan, Armenia
- Chicago Dental Society
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- Midwest Society of Periodontology
- Ministry of Science and Technology, Moscow, Russia
- Northwestern University Dental School
- University of British Columbia College of Dentistry
- University of Illinois College of Medicine
- University of Minnesota Dental School
- University of Texas – Houston – Health Science Center
Commitment to Service
Dr. Kirk Noraian believes his experience should be shared with profession and community and he serves or has served in the following roles:
- Member, American Dental Association Council of Scientific Affairs (2010-2014)
- Member, American Academy of Periodontology ADA Liaison Committee (2011-2013)
- Member, Illinois State Dental Society Allied Dental Personnel Committee (2009-2015)
- President, Illini District Dental Society (2011-2013)
- Board Member, McLean County Chamber of Commerce
- Immediate Past President, Illinois Society of Periodontists
- Past President, McLean County Dental Scoiety
Commitment to Community & Profession
Dr. Noraian maintains membership in the following professional and community organizations;
Recognition of His Commitment
Dr. Noraian has been recognized by his peers for his commitment to advancing the dental profession. In 2003, he was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and in 2010, he was inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists.