Bite Adjustment In Bloomington IL
A bite is healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily use. Another way to think of a healthy bite is to compare it to a table. The more legs that are present around the table, the less load each leg carries, so in your mouth, each tooth is like a leg, and with more teeth, each carries less of a load caused by your chewing.
With fewer legs on the table, the load may be too much causing destruction and your teeth to show wear, causing your teeth to become loose, or to cause damage to the TMJ (jaw joint). Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. This therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating high spots that cause excessive pressure when the upper teeth and lower teeth come in contact. This procedure works by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-positioned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and badly damaged teeth.
Dr. Noraian is a specialist in periodontics using the latest in proven therapies. He creates new smiles for patients like you all the time -- Learn how you can love your smile.309-663-4577 Appointments